Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The best of our most recent stories!

Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 20

, , , , | Right | May 1, 2024

We have one server who always gets the weird s***. He comes back from the front and just looks at me.

Me: “What is it now, dude?”

Server: “This is gonna sound f***ed, but hear me out, okay? I need a hot coffee with cold ice cream in it.”

Me: “Um… okay? That’s not f***ed.”

Server: “No. It has to be hot coffee; the ice cream can’t make it cold. And the ice cream can’t be hot. It can’t melt.”

Me: “Dude. I can’t f****** change physics. Here’s a bowl of ice cream and some coffee. Have the dude pour it in himself.”

Server: “He won’t do that.”

Me: “What the f*** am I supposed to do? Encase this s*** in a time-stop bubble?”

I just heat the coffee up super-hot and have the server drop the ice cream in as he runs it to the table.

Server: *As he’s running* “This is one f***ed-up affogato!”

Related:
Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 19
Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 18
Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 17
Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 16
Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 15

A Beautiful Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked

, , , , , , , | Right | April 30, 2024

This is during the early stages of the world going crazy in 2020. Everyone is wearing masks, and we’ve just started using clear plastic dividers at the checkouts.

Customer: “You poor things; you look like you’re stuck in some weird little boxes.”

Me: “Yeah, it’s kinda weird.”

Customer: “I really appreciate you being open, especially with how crazy it is out there. I don’t know how I’d cope without my supplies.” 

Me: “Gotta keep the world turning somehow!”

The customer makes a big show of rubbing cleaning alcohol all over her hands and then passes me a $50 bill contained inside a Ziploc bag.

Customer: “To show how much I appreciate it!”

Me: “Oh, ma’am! That’s very kind, but I can’t accept that.” 

Customer: “If you’re worried about germs, keep it sealed for a few days so anything nasty inside can die, and then—”

Me: “No, it’s not that. Thank you for thinking about the germs, but it’s just that we can’t accept tips.”

Customer: “What are they gonna do, fire you when the world needs you the most right now? Let ’em try! Besides, it’s not a tip, it’s hazard pay!”

And with that, she walked away with her groceries, refusing to take no for an answer. Those were my hardest years in retail ever, but customers like her, who appreciated us for being there instead of shouting at us for having the audacity to ask customers to wear masks for our own safety, kept me going.

Related:
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 32
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 31
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 30
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 29
An Ugly Side Of Society Has Been Unmasked, Part 28

These Are The Kinds Of People Who’d Kill The Homeless During The Purge

, , , , , , , | Right | April 30, 2024

I’m a delivery guy for a national pizza chain. My coworker is confirming online orders and calls me over, looking confused. At our place, if the total order isn’t over a certain amount, we add on a $5 delivery fee.

Coworker: “So… uh… this address just ordered sauce. Like… a 79-cent single pack of sauce.”

Me: “That’s gotta be a mistake. They’re paying $5 on top of that for the delivery.”

Coworker: “I’ll call them and confirm.”

He calls them while I get my other orders ready, and he comes over to me looking just as confused as before.

Coworker: “Some kid answered, and they said that… well… yeah… just the sauce.”

Me: “What’s the address?”

He tells me, and I realize it’s in a super fancy part of town. In fact, it’s inside a gated community, so I will have to pass their security gate to get to their house, which I know will be a pain.

Me: “I suspect this might be a prank.”

Coworker: “Well, they have ordered and paid, so… maybe bring it to them on the way back?”

Fair enough. I grab an extra sauce packet, and make them my last delivery of that round. As expected, I have to sign in at the security gate before I can get to the house, which is a huge, old-looking house with a lawn larger than some neighborhoods. I knock on the door, looking ridiculous with the single sauce packet. A kid, maybe eleven or twelve, answers the door, reaches out, grabs the sauce from me, and simply closes the door in my face. They don’t say a word, but this whole thing has been so surreal that I just shrug it off and go on my way.

Back at the store, I am putting together my orders for my next delivery round, when my coworker comes over to me again.

Coworker: “You’re not gonna believe this. That house put in an order for a single sauce again!”

Me: “Okay, this is definitely some kind of prank. I’m being filmed for a TikTok or something.”

Coworker: “Yeah, this is getting weird.”

My coworker explains it to my manager, but my manager states that as long as both the food and delivery charge has been paid for, we don’t have a choice.

So, off I go again, getting “You again?” comments from the security gate as I enter the neighborhood again. This time, the door opens and it’s a bunch of kids, all giggling and staring at me.

This time, though, an adult woman is walking past and notices all the kids bunched up at the front door.

Woman: “What’s going on?”

I explain that I am here to deliver a single sauce packet and that this is my second time tonight doing so. She just rolls her eyes and shepherds the children (at least six of them) away from the front door.

Mother: “That’s enough now, children. Leave the poor food people alone. You have the maids for this type of nonsense.”

She slammed the door in my face. No tip.

Check Before You Check Out!

, , , , , , , , | Right | April 30, 2024

A woman is checking out with her maybe three-year-old daughter.

Customer: “[Daughter], help Mommy check out.”

Normally, I am wary of this when we’re busy, as some kids are slow or don’t really know what they’re doing, but this kid is diligently handing me stuff and I am ringing it in, so I let it go. None of the other customers in line seem to be bothered.

After I give them the total, the customer starts looking through all the items left to bag.

Customer: “Oh, we’re not getting that… or this candy, either… or this toy. Oh, not that, either…”

After it has become apparent that this kid has been chucking anything she fancies into the cart, the mother then turns on me in a wild personality change.

Customer: “D***, B****! DO YOU SCAN ANYTHING ANYONE GIVES YOU?!”

I can do a personality change of my own.

Me: “Yes, b****, because that is literally my job! If you don’t want something, you tell me before I scan it.”

We cleared all the items she didn’t want, and the kid started throwing a tantrum seeing all her spoils taken away, delaying things further.

You’re A Wheel Stud, But You’re Also Lug-Nuts

, , , , , , | Working | April 30, 2024

A customer called into our shop for wheel studs. I found out what size she needed.

Me: “We only have four in the size you need.”

Customer: “No problem. My mechanic will go in and pick up what I need.”

He came in and picked three different threads and sizes along with the ones the woman had called for. All right, my dude. You do you.

She called back the next day screaming.

Customer: “You gave [Mechanic] the wrong ones! Now my rotors are scratched to h***, and it’s all your fault!”

I laughed and handed it off to the boss. He calmed her down, told her he’d replace the rotors free, and so on. He finished the call, and I commented:

Me: “I can’t believe a fellow worker would screw it up this badly.”

Boss: “Wait. What?”

Me: “Yeah, she works in a different location; she had me do an employee discount on the wheel studs.”

My boss spun around, called her manager, and chewed HER a new a**hole for an employee who intentionally had incorrect parts installed and then called her own company screaming about it. It got her fired in the long run, due to the way she reacted and screamed at her boss.