Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Twilight Of Our Youth, Part 4

| Romantic | April 6, 2012

(My fiancé and I are sitting in the living room. We originally met on a ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ message board. We are at the end of a ‘If I turned into a _____, would you kill me?’ conversation.)

Fiancé: “Okay, fine. What if I was a vampire? Would you kill me?”

Me: *wryly* “Okay, are we talking Forever Knight vampire, Buffy the Vampire Slayer vampire, or…” *makes a face*Twilight vampire?”

Fiancé: *frowns* “…or? It sounded like you were going to give me a third choice. And why are you making that face?”

Me: “I did give you a third choice. I said…” *makes another face*Twilight”.

Fiancé: *sighs* “You did it again. You just stopped, made a face and trailed off.”

Me: “No, I said the same thing twice.”

Fiancé: “What was it?”

Me:Twilight. As in Twilight Princess.”

Fiancé: *laughs* “Oh! I only heard it in the Zelda context. I mentally block it out on its own now. To me it does not exist. And so you still only gave me two choices. Buffy vampire.”

Me: “I really love you. And yes. Yes, I would kill you.”

More Daylight, Less Twilight, Part 7

, , , , | Right | March 1, 2012

(I am a vampire at a haunted house. My costume includes fangs, a cape, and of course, I am drenched in blood.)

Teenage Girl: *looking extremely mad* “What is this?! They got your costumes all wrong!”

Me: *snarling, not dropping character* “You smell delicious… It’s so rare we get fresh victims…”

Teenage Girl: “No, no, no! Vampires drink ANIMAL blood! And why aren’t you sparkling?!”

Me: “Your neck… It’s so… inviting—”

Teenage Girl: “This is WRONG! You aren’t real vampires!” *stomps away*


This story is part of our Haunted Houses roundup!

Read the next Haunted Houses roundup story!

Read the Haunted Houses roundup!


Did you find this story using our Vampire roundup?

Click here to see the next story!

Click here to go back to the roundup!

More Daylight, Less Twilight, Part 6

, , | Right | February 22, 2012

(I’m helping a customer in her early teens.)

Customer: “Hey, I’m trying to find a game for my boyfriend. Could you help me?”

Me: “Yeah, sure. What sort of—”

Customer: “Oh, the guy on this is hot! What’s this like?”

Me: “Oh, that’s the new Castlevania game. Basically, it’s about killing vampires and werewolves.”

Customer: “What!?! Why would anyone buy this?! Vampires and werewolves are cool and hot! You make me sick selling this! Haven’t you ever seen Twilight!? Vampires are like people!” *runs out of the shop with tears in her eyes*

Me: “I feel so sorry for her boyfriend.”


Did you find this story using our Vampire roundup?

Click here to see the next story!

Click here to go back to the roundup!

The Twilight Of Our Literacy, Part 9

, , , , | Right | February 14, 2012

Customer: “Excuse me, do you have that new Twilight movie Breaking Dawn?”

(Note: as the customer asks this question, I am stocking a life-sized display case of Edward and Bella and have an armful of Breaking Dawn DVDs. The store is also filled with piles of Breaking Dawn pre-orders, Breaking Dawn promo merchandise, and several Breaking Dawn dozen posters advertising the movie’s DVD release. The customer looks right down at the Breaking Dawn DVD in my hand and, before I can answer him, he continues.)

Customer: *sighs* “Oh, well. Guess not.” *turns around and leaves without another word*

Less Twilight, More Daylight, Part 5

, , , | Right | January 8, 2012

(Note: 40 degrees Celsius is about 104 degrees Fahrenheit.)

Me: *on the phone* “Hi, I’ll need you to come and pick up your son right away. He’s not feeling very well.”

Mother: “What’s wrong?”

Me: “He’s running a 40-degree temperature.”

Mother: “Oh. No, he’s fine. That’s normal.”

Me: “Uh, I’m sorry?”

Mother: “Don’t worry about him, love. That’s normal. He’s a werewolf, you know. Werewolves run hot. Didn’t you know that?”

(It takes me a few moments, but I realize she’s perfectly serious.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but I still think you need to take him to the doctor.”

Mother: “Ugh, fine. I’ll come and get him, but the doctor will only say what I told you!”