Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2010

Jump to page:

Back Tea The Basics

, , , , | Right | January 8, 2010

Me: “For a quick cup of tea, this is a simple infuser to use.”

Customer: “Infuser? What’s that mean?”

Me: “Oh, it’s just another word for something that you use to steep tea in hot water.”

Customer: “What’s that mean?”

Me: “Steep? It’s just another word for brewing.”

Customer: *blank stare*

Me: “It means ‘make tea’.”

Customer: “Oooooh!”


This story is part of the Still-Not-Getting-It roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Times The Police Made It Official That Stupid Is A Crime

 

Read the next Still-Not-Getting-It roundup story!

Read the Still-Not-Getting-It roundup!

Cookie Cutter Response

, , , | Right | January 8, 2010

Me: “Tech support, how can I help you?”

Customer: “Why are you holding my website to ransom?”

Me: “Sorry?”

Customer: “I pay you good money every month and now you’re holding my site to ransom to sell your cookies!”

Me: “Pardon me?”

Customer: “I went to my site and when I tried to add to cart, it came up saying I couldn’t until I bought some cookies! I never agreed to this and I’m going to sue!”

Me: “Sir, cookies are just a computing term. What you saw was the page explaining that you have cookies switched off and telling you how to turn them on.”

Customer: “Cookies! Blackberries! Well, I don’t know these kinds of technical things!”

Extra Crime Rib

, , , | Right | January 8, 2010

Customer: “I ordered a large prime rib last time I was here and it was awful! I want a new one.”

Me: “Okay, ma’am, I will be happy to remake it for you. We’ll have it ready for you in a few minutes.”

(I make a sandwich while the woman strolls over to the chips, hides a bag in her jacket and takes it to her truck. She comes inside with a water bottle, fills it up with soda and takes a seat.)

Me: “Ma’am, your sandwich is ready. So you had a large prime rib and a bag of chips.”

Customer: “I didn’t have chips!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, you took a bag of chips to your truck. We have it on camera.”

Customer: “Okay, maybe I got chips.”

Me: “And I have to charge you for a medium drink.”

Customer: “I didn’t get a drink!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. You filled up your water bottle with soda.”

Customer: “But it’s my water bottle!”

Me: “Yes, but you filled it with our soda. We have you on camera.”

Customer: “Okay, maybe I did that. But my sandwich is still free, right?”


This story is part of the Thieves Getting Caught roundup!

Read the next Thieves Getting Caught roundup story!

Read the Thieves Getting Caught roundup!

Looking For A Bullseye In A Haystack

, , | Right | January 8, 2010

(I work at a major big-box retailer known for its employees that wear red shirts and khaki pants.)

Customer: “I lost my credit card!”

Me: “What is your name and what kind of card is it?”

(The customer gives that information and I check the lost and found.)

Me: “Sorry, ma’am. I don’t have it here. Do you know where you lost it?”

Customer: “At the checkout.”

Me: “Do you remember which one? Do you have your receipt? That would help me figure it out.”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Do you remember who helped you?”

Customer: “Well, she was wearing a red shirt…”

They Don’t Call Her Dumblesnore For Nothing

, , , , , | Right | January 7, 2010

(Someone has been sleeping on a chair poolside for many hours. It’s routine to wake a customer if they’re getting too badly burned.)

Me: “Excuse me, miss? You must wake up. You are getting badly sunburned.”

Customer: *sleepily* “Where am I? Is this Hogwarts?”

Me: “No, ma’am.”

Customer: “Narnia?”

Me: “Nope.”

Customer: “Camp Half-Blood?”

Me: “Not even close.”

Customer: *pauses* “Well, s***, then.”


This story is part of the Sunscreen roundup!

Read the next Sunscreen roundup story!

Read the Sunscreen roundup!