Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Managers Are Used To Spot Checks

, , , , | Right | August 17, 2010

(Our tea shop closes at 9:00 pm. The time is currently 9:10. There is one couple and their child still in the store. I am cleaning the bathroom. The customer opens the bathroom door.)

Me: “I’m sorry, I’m cleaning this bathroom.”

Customer: “But my son has to go.”

Me: “I’m using bleach; it’s very dangerous here. I can’t let you use the bathroom.”

Customer: “But my son has to go!”

Me: “I can’t let you use it. We’re already closed and I have to finish cleaning.”

Customer: *to another employee* “Your crazy cleaning lady won’t let my son use the bathroom. Can I speak to your manager?”

Coworker: “That is the manager.”

(The customer silently grabbed his wife and son and walked out without another word.)


This story is part of the Entitled Customers roundup!

Read the next Entitled Customers roundup story!

Read the Entitled Customers roundup!

I Am 16 Going On 17

, , , , , | Right | July 2, 2010

Customer: “The price printed on the back says $16. Why are you charging me extra?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. This book costs $17. Your copy seems to contain a printing error. However, since we didn’t catch the mistake and your copy does say $16, I’d be happy to let you have the book for this price.”

(The customer pays $16 for the book and walks away. A few minutes later she comes back holding another copy.)

Customer: “I just wanted to let you know that I found another copy, and this one does say $17 on the back. How is this possible? Aren’t they all supposed to be identical?”

Me: “Warehouses sometimes hold inventory that comes from more than one print run. That’s probably what happened here. They must have had some wrongly priced copies mixed in with the rest of the stock.”

Customer: “Oh, I see. I am going to put the copy I just bought back on the shelf and take this one, okay? It’s the same book, so it shouldn’t make a difference to you.”

Me: “We have let you have the book for the price printed on the cover, so I’m not sure I understand what the problem is.”

Customer: “Oh, no, there is no problem. It’s just that I’m buying this for a friend as a gift and I want her to think I paid $17.”

Me: “Ma’am, you do understand that since this copy does not contain a pricing error, you will not be entitled to the discounted price.”

Customer: “So, if I get the copy that isn’t defective, I’ll have to pay full price?”

Me: “That’s correct. Do you still want to exchange your copy for this one?”

Customer: “Forget it. She’s not that good a friend.”

The Gift Of Unreason

, , , , | Right | June 21, 2010

Me: “Thank you for calling. How may I assist you?”

Caller: “I would like a gift card.”

Me: “You would like to purchase a gift card?”

Caller: “No.”

Me: “I’m sorry, I don’t understand. You said you wanted a gift card.”

Caller: “Well, yes. We’ve been shopping at your stores for so many years, we feel we should get a gift card from you.”


This story is part of the Entitled Customers roundup!

Read the next Entitled Customers roundup story!

Read the Entitled Customers roundup!

A Complete Avatard

, , , | Right | May 25, 2010

(This is when Avatar has just come out on DVD.)

Customer: “Do you have any copies of that new Avatar movie?”

Me: “Sorry, it looks like it’s not available anywhere right now. I could call you when a copy comes in if you like.”

Customer: “You didn’t check the backroom. Do you have any there?”

Me: “No, we don’t keep movies in the back. Company policy says we have to have all available copies on the shelf.”

Customer: “So, why don’t you have any on the shelf?”

Me: “Because we’re all checked out. There are none present at this store or any other in this area. It’s an extremely popular movie since it just came out a few days ago. We have no more copies at any nearby store.”

Customer: “Why not?”

Me: “Well, they all got checked out by other people.”

Customer: “Well, why the h*** did you let them do that? What kind of video store lets people just take whatever movie they want?!”


This story is part of the Entitled Customers roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

10 Sad-But-True Stories About Customers Who Don’t Treat Employees Like They’re Human

 

Read the next Entitled Customers roundup story!

Read the Entitled Customers roundup!

We Need One Of These In Every Store, Part 4

, , , | Right | May 7, 2009

(A guy who bought a game comes back wanting a refund. The problem is that the game seal had been broken, the game disc had some nasty scratches on it, and it was thirty days past our return policy window.)

Me: “Hi. How may I help you?”

Customer: “I’ve got this game here that I didn’t fully enjoy. I want a refund.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but the seal has been broken, and the disc is damaged. I can’t give you a refund for this.”

Customer: “You’ve got to be kidding me! I wasn’t informed about that!”

Me: “Sir, if you look right here on your receipt, you’ll see what rights you have. And as you can see, the 30-day return policy has expired, and the game is damaged. I’m sorry, but there’s nothing I can do.”

Customer: “Oh no, don’t try this on me. I know my rights, due to the fact that I’m a lawyer. So you’d better think about your next move, or it could end up bad for you.”

Me: “Hold on a second… are you threatening me?”

Customer: “That depends on how you handle this situation.”

(By this point, there was a large line forming in the store, and the guy standing behind my customer looked pretty pissed off.)

Customer: “So, are you going to give me a refund or not?”

Customer #2: *interrupting* “I’ve had it with this. You told this guy you’re a lawyer, right? And that you’re entitled to a refund, am I correct?”

Customer: “Not that it’s any of your business, but yes, that is correct.”

Customer #2: “Here’s the deal: I know for a fact that you’re wrong. I think everyone in this store knows that you’re wrong, and the reason WHY I know this is because I AM a lawyer. What you’re doing is borderline illegal. So, may I suggest that you leave this store right now?”

Customer: *quietly* “Well…what I was trying to tell him was…um…”

(The customer then quickly left the store.)