Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When In Doubt, Kick ‘Em Out

, , , , | Right | April 1, 2008

(A customer comes in to a video game store, obviously angry.)

Customer: “Hello, I’m here to return these two games.”

(Hands me the two games and the receipt.)

Customer: “For this game, I want my money back; for this DS game, I want a different game. It’s the same price so I don’t have to pay the difference.”

Me: “Okay, ma’am.”

(I scan the receipt and fill out the return information.)

Me: “Ma’am, your total will be $19.56.”

Customer: “What?! Why is it going to be so much if it’s the same price as the other DS game?”

Me: “Well, ma’am, you got this game for free.”

Customer: “If I would’ve paid for it, it would have been the same price so I don’t owe nothing!”

Me: “You didn’t pay anything for this game, so you won’t get anything back.”

Customer: “But if I would’ve paid for it, it would’ve been the same price. Let me speak to your manager.”

(I call my manager.)

Manager: “Well ma’am, as my employee was saying, you didn’t pay anything for this game. Therefore, you will not get your money back for something you didn’t pay for.”

Customer: “But if I would’ve paid for it–”

Manager: “You paid nothing for this game.”

Customer: “But if I would’ve paid–”

Manager: “Get out of my store.”

Customer: *walks out in a huff*


This story is included in our Videogame Store roundup.

Click here to go to the next story!

Click here to go to the roundup!

Racism Rears Its Ugly Head, Gets Decapitated

, , , | Right | March 31, 2008

(Working at a sandwich place across the street from my college campus. One of my Spanish professors enters, and we chat in Spanish as I make her food. Another man comes in while we’re chatting, and stares at us.)

Customer: “What the h***? Don’t you dare coddle that job-stealing Mexican!”

Me: “Sir, that woman is a Ph.D. I can guarantee you, she did not steal your job. Oh, and she’s from New York. Can I take your order?”

Customer: *storms out*


This story is part of our Confused-With-Spanish roundup!

Read the next Confused-With-Spanish roundup story!

Read the Confused-With-Spanish roundup!

Gotta Love Them DIY ‘Puters

, , , , , | Right | March 31, 2008

(I was working in warranties for a large computer manufacturer, mostly with businesses but a few individuals came through on the line here and there.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [store]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “My computer don’t work.”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that, ma’am. Can I get the serial number off of your CPU?”

Customer: “My what?”

Me: “The computer tower.”

Customer: “Huh?”

(I’ll spare you the agony but, I went on for about three more minutes trying to describe the CPU and getting nowhere.)

Me: “I’m sorry, I don’t seem to be expressing myself well today. Can you describe to me all the computer parts on your desk? I’ll tell you which one the number I need is on.”

Customer: “It’s just a keyboard and a screen, like any other computer.”

Me: “Oh, you have a laptop!”

Customer: “A what?”

Me: “A little computer you can take with you. The keyboard and screen fold together with a hinge in the middle, right?”

Customer: “No, I don’t! I don’t know what is wrong with you computer people today. First, the sales guy tries to sell me a bunch of sh*t I don’t need in this big box package and now you don’t even know what a computer is! Brand new today and it don’t even work.”

Me: “So… you just bought a keyboard and a monitor?”

Customer: “What’d I need all the rest uh’ that sh*t in the box for? This was way cheaper! I ain’t stupid!”

Me: “…”


This story is part of our Even More Ironic Customers roundup!

Read the next story!

Read the roundup!

Coworkers: They Make Life Worth Living

, , , , | Working | March 31, 2008

Tourist: “I saw a sign that said historic downtown, what’s down there?”

(To the best of my knowledge, no such sign exists so I’m already confused.)

Me: “Uh, a few churches and shops.”

Tourist: “Oh, how do I get to the lighthouse?”

Me: “You go through downtown.”

Tourist: “I don’t want to go through downtown!”

Me: “Sorry, but that’s how you get there.”

Tourist: “Is there another way to get there?”

Annoyed Coworker: “You could fly there on your broom!”

(The tourist looks shocked and storms out.)

When Mood Swings Attack, Part 2

, , , | Right | March 30, 2008

(A woman orders a Reuben sandwich and returns to the counter 30 minutes later with about a fourth of the sandwich eaten.)

Woman: “I want to speak to your manager right now!”

Crew member: “Sure, no problem.” *goes and gets manager*

Manager: “Hi, what can I do for you today?”

Woman: “Yeah, I got this Reuben at 4 pm and it’s SOGGY!”

Manager: “Well, ma’am, you purchased it half an hour ago…”

Woman: “Well, I want a new one!”

Manager: *hoping to get the looney out of the store* “Sure, no problem.”

(Suddenly, the woman goes from angry to flat-out crazy.)

Woman: “HERE’S YOUR DELICIOUS REUBEN!” *rubs sauce on the counter and throws a part of sandwich at manager*

Manager: *dumbfounded*

Woman: “I’m sorry… it’s not your fault.”

Manager: “…It’s alright…”

Woman: *thinks for a second, then throws remaining sandwich bits at manager*

(We all laughed quite hysterically, and our manager walked around with Reuben sauce on his crotch all day.)

Related:
When Mood Swings Attack


This story is part of the Customers-Overreacting roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Stories Of Truly Terrible Parent Customers

 

Read the next Customers-Overreacting roundup story!

Read the Customers-Overreacting roundup!