Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Sittin’ On The Bridge Of The Bay…

, , , , , , , , , , , , | Working | CREDIT: bobber18 | January 23, 2024

My boss and I had a disagreement about working from home this week. The office is in San Francisco. I live in the East Bay and need to cross the Bay Bridge to get to work.

We had an important presentation scheduled today. I wanted to do it “virtual” because the APEC [Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation] meeting is in SF this week, and everything seems disrupted. President Biden and Chinese President Xi are here. It’s a two-hour commute on a typical day, and I told my boss it might not be feasible to come in this week.

He insisted I come in.

Me: “Okay, but don’t blame me if I get stuck in traffic.”

We had a pretty heated discussion about it.

Today there’s a huge backup on every freeway toward the Bay Bridge because protesters have chained themselves across all five lanes. The bridge is completely closed.

Now, the boss wants me to do the presentation “virtual”.

Me: “I can’t. I’m stuck in traffic. I can’t operate my vehicle and do the presentation. You will have to do it without me.”

(But he isn’t really qualified.)

The presentation ended up being rescheduled.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!