Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If It’s Gonna Cost An Arm And A Leg, It’s Gotta Look GOOD

, , , , , , | Working | January 23, 2024

It had been a while since I’d had a haircut, and my long hair was in need of a tidy-up. Because I had worked to get it to the condition it was in, strong and long, I made an appointment at a hairdresser that charges quite a premium for a haircut, thinking they would have more experience or knowledge on how to do hair. A haircut at this place costs what any other hairdresser would charge for a full wash, cut, dry, and basic style. 

The hairdresser did a great job with the front, and since I paid so much, I trusted that it was good at the back. (Mistake.) I paid and went home and started showing off to my husband.

My husband immediately picked up when I turned around that it was crooked; it was visible at the back but not noticeable at the front.

Rather than go somewhere else to pay for a whole haircut or put in a bad review, I wanted to give the first place a chance to fix the issue, so I called them. The hairdresser picked up, and I explained the issue. She immediately got defensive and just said, “But I checked it!” I had to be very assertive in correcting her because she did not believe me. She then booked for me to come back another day because they were closing for the day.

When I returned, it was the owner who glanced at my hair and said he couldn’t see the issue, and I had to argue that it was crooked. I sat down in the chair and he did some checks. I saw his face change, and he quietly went over to the original hairdresser, disguising it as getting equipment, and told her that it was crooked on the left side where my hair was wavy and bent in another direction. He thought I couldn’t hear, but I looked at him very pointedly so he knew I did.

After the correction cut, he told me that when I come in for a haircut, I should straighten my hair first since they like to dry cut and don’t want to wet and blow-dry hair after cutting it.

This place isn’t located anywhere that would charge a lot for rent or anything, either, so it’s not like the high price is to cover a cost another hairdresser wouldn’t face.

I haven’t gone back; I’ve found a hairdresser who charges a fair amount and makes sure my hair is cut straight.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!