Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Refunder Blunder, Part 52

, , , , , , | Right | January 26, 2021

I am a manager at a large chain pet store. I get a call from an older man.

Customer: “Is there another manager around?”

Me: “Sorry, sir, they are off, but I can try and help you.”

Customer: “I bought dog treats from you that made my dog sick and I want to know if I can get a refund.”

Me: “No problem. Do you have the receipt?”

Customer: “I don’t.”

Me: “No problem. Do you have the packaging?”

Customer: “I don’t. The treats were taken to a boarding kennel for my dog and the staff threw them out because they were stale and made my dog vomit.”

Me: “Okay. Did you use your rewards membership?”

Customer: “Actually, I didn’t buy them; a friend did and they paid cash, without using any rewards membership.”

Me: “So, sir, let me make sure I understand. You would like to get a refund for a product that you do not have, with no receipt, no packaging, and no way to prove that it was even brought from here.”

Customer: “Yes. Is that going to be a problem?”

Me: “Unfortunately, yes. I need something. Even though I am not supposed to, I could make it work even if you had the product with no packaging. I need something in order to process the return.”

Customer: “Can’t I just come in and point to what I bought on the shelf and you give me a refund?”

Me: “No.”

Customer: “This is terrible customer service! I should be able to get a refund! I don’t know why I need to have the product, receipt, or way to prove that I got the product from you!”

Me: “…”

I didn’t okay the refund and fortunately, he never came in.

Related:
Refunder Blunder, Part 51
Refunder Blunder, Part 50
Refunder Blunder, Part 49
Refunder Blunder, Part 48
Refunder Blunder, Part 47

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!