Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 29

, , , , , , , | Right | November 30, 2023

I’m a manager in a casino, called to a dispute with a customer. That’s not uncommon, so I make my way over to the service desk to sort out whatever issue is happening.

When I get there, there is a mildly drunk man there who is claiming the ATM gave him casino gift cards. He suggests that perhaps the ATM is out of money.

We stand there for about ten minutes discussing this. And when I say “discussing”, I mean that I repeatedly try to explain that in no way, ever, would an ATM stock “casino gift cards” as a backup to cold hard cash.

Eventually, I get him to take me to the offending ATM, and wouldn’t you know it, it’s a vending machine for purchasing gift cards. It has a HUGE sign above it that actually says, “NOT AN ATM: GIFT CARDS ONLY!”

He tries to show me what happened when he put his card in, and I swear to God, the machine alerts him at every page that this is for buying gift cards — gift cards that are non-refundable in every situation.

Despite going through this whole process, at no point does he realise his mistake.

He doesn’t get a refund and allegedly can’t afford a taxi home. I hope he enjoyed his $400 stay at the hotel… using the gift cards. 

Related:
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 28
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 27
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 26
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 25
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 24

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!