Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 18

, , , , , , | Right | CREDIT: alexjowski | December 12, 2020

I work in a retail chain. A mother and her kid come in today to buy about $50 worth of toys for the kid and some clothes for the mom. The mom is paying with gift cards… plural. Of course, these gift cards have either no money on them or only a dollar or two.

Mother: “There should be money on these cards! [Kid] just got these for his birthday, so clearly, you’re doing something wrong.”

Me: “We can print out the history of these gift cards, showing when and where they have been used previously and for how much.”

I print these out for her cards and walk her through them. All of these cards were purchased a month ago and then spent earlier today at a completely different store. It takes about forty-five minutes to explain as she’s absolutely obstinate the entire time.

Mother: “You rang it up wrong! His nana gave him these!”

Eventually, she decided to relent. She removed the toys from her order and kept the clothes. I don’t need to tell you how upset that poor kid was.

We just tossed her cards. She’s not welcome back. And a woman with face tattoos is quickly recognizable.

Related:
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 17
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 16
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 15
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 14
The Gift Card That Keeps On Giving, Part 13

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!