Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Sub-Standard Pricing Model

, , , , | Right | December 12, 2020

When I am in high school, I work at a sandwich chain during a promotion to get a foot-long sub for $5. I am working the register when a woman comes up who has seven foot-long subs. I ring her up.

Me: “Hello, your total is [total].” 

Customer: “Why is it so expensive?! I thought these were all $5!”

Me: “Unfortunately, our specialty subs are not a part of the $5 deal.”

I then explain that only three of her sandwiches are $5.

Customer: “I don’t want to pay that! You should have signs posted so customers know which sandwiches are $5!”

Me: “Ma’am, there is a sign on the door, there is a sign where you order, the subs are listed on the menu board behind me, and if you would have asked any of my coworkers, we would have been happy to inform you of our $5 sandwiches.”

She huffs and puffs for a minute.

Customer: “Fine! I’ll pay for it this time, but next time, I expect to get the $5 price for all my sandwiches!”

She pays and behind to walk out.

Me: “I hope you have a wonderful day!”

She stops dead in her tracks and turns to give me the dirtiest look.

Customer: “No! No, I will not have a good day!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!