Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Are You New?

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: 69256hh | December 13, 2020

I work in a tech shop that does repairs, gives support, and sells various products, such as printer ink. I’m fairly new to customer support, as I usually work in the workshop, repairing computers.

A customer comes in.

Me: “Hi, how can I help?”

Customer: “Hi. I bought some printer inks from you a few days ago and they don’t work!”

Me: “Okay, sorry about that. Can I just have a look at the inks?”

The customer puts the inks on the counter. I look at the inks, which are clearly not sold by us and don’t match the box.

Me: “Sorry, sir, but they don’t seem to be the inks that were originally in the box. We also wouldn’t have sold these to you, as we don’t open our stock before selling it.”

Customer: *Very annoyed* “Fine, then. If you won’t replace them, can I buy some more?”

Me: “Certainly, that will be [total].”

Customer: “Okay. I don’t have my wallet. What should I do?”

Me: “Sorry, sir, but I can’t sell you any inks if you don’t have your wallet.”

Customer: “SERIOUSLY?! YOU HAVE REALLY BAD SERVICE HERE!”

After that, he left and hasn’t come back.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!