Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Scary How Seriously They Take Christmas

, , , , , , , | Working | December 26, 2018

(A vendor comes into the store weekly, and I have to sign off on his paperwork every time. We are usually polite, even though I don’t know him well. It’s October 31st, so I’m wearing a bat necklace and pumpkin-shaped earrings.)

Me: “All right, paperwork looks good. Here you go. Happy Halloween!”

Vendor: “What did you say?”

Me: “I just wished you a happy Halloween.”

Vendor: “No! I don’t celebrate the devil’s holiday! How dare you shove it down my throat!”

Me: “I apologize.”

Vendor: “Yeah, you should! You sinners think everyone just participates in your Satan holiday! No! Some of us are good Christians!”

(He storms out. The next time I see him, he is a bit frosty to me. Then, I see him in December.)

Me: “All right. I made one note on page two, but I’m signing off, anyway. Have a good day.”

Vendor: “A good day? Don’t you mean, ‘MERRY CHRISTMAS’?!”

Me: “Hmm? Okay, yeah.”

Vendor: “No, not, ‘yeah’! And don’t give me, ‘Happy Holidays’! Jesus is the reason for the season. I’m not leaving until you say Merry Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS!”

Me: “You know you accused me of shoving Halloween ‘down your throat’?”

Vendor: “Yes, you did. What does that have to do with anything?”

Me: “I’m going to be bringing it up to your boss. Excuse me.”

(As I walked away, he yelled, “MERRY CHRISTMAS!” repeatedly to my back.)


This story is part of our Devilish Halloween roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

22 Times Religious Customers Went Biblical In The Store

 

Read the next Devilish Halloween roundup story!

Read the Devilish Halloween roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!