Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Needs To Work On Their Socialist Skills, Part 8

, , , , , | Right | May 6, 2024

It is that time politically when Bernie Sanders is getting a bit of media attention. The TV in our store that usually shows deals and sale items is broken, and I am trying to fix it. My troubleshooting brings me to test a new channel, where Bernie and his political policies are being listed.

As I am doing so, a woman and her young son are passing by.

Customer: “No, you don’t! You don’t put any of that socialist s*** in this store when people are shopping!”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m just trying to fix the TV. I’m not watching the news.”

Customer: “Uh-huh… So, you just happened to turn the TV over to Bernie as I just happened to be walking past, did you?

Me: “Uh… yes?”

Customer: “Does your manager know that you’re doing political canvassing in the store when you should be working?”

Me: “Ma’am, again, I’m not. I’m just trying to fix this TV.”

This woman has raised her voice enough that another customer, an older woman, comes over to ask what’s going on. (I think she was worried about me.) The customer assumes this woman is a manager and explains — and embellishes.

Customer: “…so, does your store make a point to hire socialists?”

Woman: *Leaning into the role* “Well, considering this a store selling items for a profit, that would make it capitalist, wouldn’t it?”

Customer: *Looking at me again* “There should be laws against people like you. When we win, we’ll undo all those laws you people made.”

Woman: “Oh, like child labor laws? I know, so anti-capitalist. When can your son start working here? He’d fit right in at the warehouse at the back…”

Customer: “He’s ten!

Woman: “Old enough to work, and yet you’re keeping him in school?! How socialist!”

Customer: “That’s… not… I’m going to complain to corporate about you!”

She storms off, and the woman asks me if I am okay.

Me: “Oh, that’s nothing new when working in retail during election season. I would advise you not to pretend to be a manager, though; it might cause an issue later on.”

Woman: “I know, hun, but I never once said I was a manager.”

Me: “You know what? You didn’t! Have a nice day!”

Woman: “You, too!”

Related:
Needs To Work On His Socialist Skills, Part 7
Needs To Work On His Socialist Skills, Part 6
Needs To Work On His Socialist Skills, Part 5
Needs To Work On His Socialist Skills, Part 4
Needs To Work On His Socialist Skills, Part 3

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!