Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Archive for 2013

Jump to page:

Planted The Seed Of Knowledge

| Working | October 7, 2013

(I have ordered a veggie sandwich from Employee #1, and Employee #2 is finishing up the order.)

Employee #2: “What would you like on it?”

Me: “I’ll have hot peppers, and all the veggies.”

Employee #2: “Okay, so lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle, oil—”

Me: *jokingly* “Oil’s not a vegetable.”

Employee #2: “Yeah, but is lettuce really a vegetable?”

(It appears that she’s not being rhetorical, so I answer.)

Me: “Yes.”

(At this point, Employee #1 interjects.)

Employee #1: “What did you think it was?”

Employee #2: “I thought it was a plant… oh, wait…”

Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare, Part 5

| Working | October 7, 2013

(I love video games. My brothers and I were basically raised on video games by both parents. My brother and I head to the local game store near our house to check out the wares. I’m a girl.)

My Brother: “We are going to look for more Bioshock Infinite stuff today.”

Me: “Okay.”

(He and I begin looking at shirts, DLC and other items related to the game. All the while, I am getting dirty looks from the male clerk. I assume he is new, as I’ve never seen him before.)

Clerk: “You’re a girl that plays games? Don’t you know girls are supposed to be in the kitchen?”

Me: *shrugs* “So? I play video games all the time dude, so chill out.”

Clerk: *scoffs* “I heard you and your brother talking. I bet you don’t play Bioshock Infinite.”

My Brother: *chimes in* “She beat it before I did.”

Clerk: *glares at me* “Prove it.”

(I’ve had enough of the clerk’s attitude, and tell him the ending to the game. He remains silent for a while, and doesn’t bother me again until my brother has me buy him another game.)

Clerk: “So, I don’t believe you. Where are you in the game?”

Me: “Stuck on Lady Comstock’s second battle—”

Clerk: “Ha! I knew it!”

Me: “—on ‘1999 mode.'”

(‘1999 mode’ is the extra-hard version of the game that is unlocked only by completing the game once. The clerk shuts up, rings up my brother’s game, and then asks me for my phone number.)

My Brother: “Back off a**-hole; she’s got standards and no way in h*** would I let you treat my sister like you did today.”

Me: “I don’t date dudes anyway.”

Related:
Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare
Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare, Part 2
Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare, Part 3
Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare, Part 4


This story is part of our Awesome Girl Gamer roundup!

Read the next Awesome Girl Gamer roundup story!

Read the Awesome Girl Gamer roundup!

His Bill Will Be Priceless

| Working | October 7, 2013

(I’m standing in line at the grocery store. A young man in front of me is obviously very excited. I look and see that he’s buying a packet of salt and a battery.)

Me: “That’s not going to work, you know.”

Man: “What?”

Me: *nodding to the grocery belt* “That. It’s not going to work.”

Man: “Oh yeah? Why?”

Me: “Because we’re Swedish. That joke isn’t really translatable.”

(The young man looks troubled, and stares at the floor. The customer in front of him has finished. The cashier turns her attention to the next items on the belt.)

Cashier: *literally bouncing and speaking English* “Young man, I hereby charge you for ASSAULT and BATTERY!”

Man: *turning to me* “HAH!”

Capable Of Handicapping The Capable

, | Right | October 6, 2013

(My grandmother is 96 years old, but she is still able to drive. A car without a handicapped license plate cuts her off and pulls into the handicapped spot, so she has to park further down. She walks with her cane past the 20-something young man who took her spot.)

Grandmother: “I know we aren’t supposed to judge others because we never know what they are going through, so I am going to assume you needed that parking space more than I did.”

Young Man: *turning red and not making eye contact* “Sorry about that, ma’am. Um… can I help you into the store?”

Grandmother: “Thank you, I knew you were really a nice young man.” *takes his arm* “I’ve been a widow for almost 20 years, and it’s been a long time since a man offered to walk me anywhere.”

Can’t Make The Connection

| Working | October 6, 2013

(I am flying to Tucson, AZ for college. After a layover at Chicago, we are taxiing to the runway.)

Flight Attendant: “Hey, turn your cell phone off! They all need to be off RIGHT NOW!”

Passenger: “My cell phone is off!”

Flight Attendant: “No, it needs to be all the way off. Hit the power button!”

Passenger: “But if I hit the power button, it’ll turn back on. It’s already off!”

Flight Attendant: “I’m not joking. Turn it off. All the way off. Hit that power button!”

Passenger: “What is wrong with you? I’m telling you it’s all the way off. OFF! The power button will turn it ON!”

Flight Attendant: “Look, I’m not playing games with you. If you don’t turn it off, we’re going back to the gate and throwing you off the aircraft. Your phone could interfere with aircraft systems, and we can’t have that. So hit the power button and turn it off. I’m not telling you again.”

Passenger: “But if I hit the power button, it’ll turn ON! If it’s on, it can interfere with the aircraft systems. Lady, it’s off, I promise you. You want to check it? Go ahead, check it.”

Flight Attendant: *to the senior flight attendant* “Tell the captain to take us back to the gate. I have an uncooperative passenger who won’t turn off her phone.”

Other Passengers: “We saw her turn it off! This is delaying us! Can we just go?”

Flight Attendant: “No, we’re going back to the gate! We can’t leave because your fellow passenger here won’t turn off her phone.”

Senior Flight Attendant: “Have you actually checked the phone yet?”

Flight Attendant: “Well, no. But I don’t need to. I know it’s on.”

Senior Flight Attendant: *to passenger* “May I see your phone, ma’am?” *checks the phone* “She’s right. The phone is powered off. Now, if you don’t mind, [Flight Attendant], I’m going to tell the captain to take us back. You need to be more careful about things like this.”

(We did end up departing only five minutes late, thankfully. And the passenger got an apology. Luckily, she was a better sport about it than the rest of us.)