Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare, Part 2

| Working | October 29, 2012

(I am trying to exchange a lousy video game that came bundled with a previous game I purchased, which is within the store’s policy. Note that while I’m an avid gamer, I’m often told I don’t “look” like a gamer.)

Employee #1: “Okay, we’ll put the balance on a gift card for you.”

Me: “Thanks!”

Employee #1: “So what was this, a joke gift?”

Me: “I know right, [title] is a horrible game. Why even bother? I guess they have to give it away to make shelf room.”

Employee #1: “No. I mean because of you.”

Me: “Sorry?”

Employee #1: “Because you’re… I mean, look at you: you obviously don’t play games. So, whoever got this for you was just trying to mess with you. Girls who play video games are fat and ugly.”

Me: “Actually, I am a gamer. I’m returning this game because it’s awful. I can’t even wade through the miserable plot since the physics engine is subpar and the graphics are hilariously dated, though I suppose that’s to be expected by [development company]. Plus, I’m not into this genre; I much prefer FPS games. Just because I don’t look like your ignorant assumption doesn’t mean I couldn’t kick your ass on any game, any day. It’s really rude of you to assume a gamer girl has to look a certain way to enjoy video games. It makes you come off like an a**hole to have such closed-minded, verbal assumptions.”

Employee #1: *stares open-mouthed*

(Employee #2, who was next to Employee #1 the whole time bursts out laughing.)

Employee #2: “D***, [Employee #1], she told you! That’s what you get though, dude. You kinda deserved that one!”

Related:
Call Of Duty: Misogynist Warfare


This story is part of our Awesome Girl Gamer roundup!

Read the next Awesome Girl Gamer roundup story!

Read the Awesome Girl Gamer roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!