Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Storm Of Cold Snowy Revenge

, , , , , , , , , , | Friendly | October 17, 2023

We have just had a big snowstorm. I actually plow for a living, but it’s mainly for roads, so I start shoveling my driveway the old-fashioned way. My snow plow is safe inside my garage, and usually, I would probably be called out to work it, but I am on leave (legally mandated after working so much overtime), so I know I am safe from being called in for the day.

My neighbor sees me.

Neighbor: “I’ll give you $30 to do my driveway!”

Me: “Deal!”

I start work on his driveway, and the next neighbor along sees me, too.

Next Neighbor: “How much did you charge him for that?”

Me: “He offered $30, and I accepted.”

Next Neighbor: “Awesome! Mine is a little bigger. Can you do it for $40?”

Me: “Sure thing!”

A lady who lives across the street has seen all this and hurries over.

Lady: “I’ll give you $50 for shoveling my driveway and sidewalk.”

It’s the largest driveway on the street, but I’ll take the fifty! After I finish, I go up to the door and knock, but she won’t open it. I go to the back door and knock, but she still doesn’t open. Then, I see her looking at me through the window, but she quickly turns away and pretends like nothing happened.

At this point, I realize that I just got tricked into doing a ton of work and I’m not getting paid. I start to walk home all annoyed, but then I think about it, and her driveway is pretty large… large enough for a snow plow.

I run back, turn it on, and blast that snow that I shoveled and some more all over her yard. She rushes outside and starts yelling at me.

Me: “Oh, so you are home!”

Lady: “What the f*** do you think you’re doing?!”

Me: “Giving you a refund!”

And with that, I drove it back home and enjoyed the rest of my leave.


This story is part of the Editors’-Favorite-Stories Of-2023 roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!