Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Universe Always Conspires To Make Your Last Shift Interesting

, , , , , , , , | Right | February 8, 2024

CONTENT WARNING: Violence
 

I was a shift manager working my last night at this location of a fast food restaurant. We had been dealing with a guy who would constantly call to speak to his girlfriend while she was working. Recently, we had begun to refuse to put him through to her.

On this night, I was called into the drive-thru. I opened the window and saw that same guy. I told him that his girlfriend was working, and he would have to wait until her shift ended. He spat in my face.

I closed the window and started to walk away. He jumped out of his car and began smashing the window with his bare fist. I could see blood on his fist and on the window.

I hurried back to the manager’s desk, picked up the phone, and dialed 911. The next thing I knew, he had ripped the phone off the wall and was beginning to throw a punch at my face.

Unfortunately for him, he was standing in front of our maintenance man, who outweighed him two to one (all muscle). The guy found himself forced to the floor with his arms pinned behind his back.

The police showed up not two minutes later. After an extensive conversation with me, they carted the guy off to jail.

And me? I got to spend my last night there waiting for hours for the window repairman to arrive. Of course, I was on salary, so I didn’t get overtime.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!