Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The End Is Just The Beginning

, , , , , | Right | July 4, 2020

I work for a company that manufactures technology for quick-service restaurants. My team supports a computer we made for a large fast food chain that is used to view training videos.

A customer calls in on July 4th. Since we have a limited staff, I’m not able to get to this ticket until two days later. The restaurant phone number we have on file is no longer in service, so I call the customer on his cell.

Me: “Hi, this is [My Name] from [Company]. I was calling about your training computer.”

Customer: “I called this in over 24 hours ago! Why are you only calling me now?”

Me: “I apologize for the delay; we had a limited staff over the holiday and most of us were pulled to work on other products. I’m just now working through the backlog.”

Customer: “Well, this is ridiculous. I should be getting help right away! Why aren’t you guys more reliable?!”

Me: “Again, I apologize for the delay. The ticket I have here says you weren’t able to watch some of the training videos. Can you describe the issue in more detail?”

Customer: “Every time I watch the ‘Getting Started’ video, it stops at a certain point and won’t go forward.”

I check to make sure the software is running properly, the network connection is stable, etc.

Me: “Well, I’m not seeing anything wrong at the moment. Would you be able to go through the video with me while I monitor the software to check for any errors?”

Customer: “I’m not at the restaurant. You’ll have to call me on Monday.”

On Monday, I call the customer and get a similar tirade on how this is taking too long, etc. We go through the video and he tells me where it stops.

Me: “Okay, I think I see the problem here. That’s the end of the video. You need to close it and start the next one.”

Customer: “Oh… Well, it shouldn’t have taken you so long to figure that out!” *Click*


This story is part of our Fourth-Of-July-themed roundup!

Want to read the next Fourth-Of-July-themed roundup story? Click here!

Want to read the Fourth-Of-July-themed roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!