Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Couponator 41: The Saga Of The Long-Suffering Wife

, , , , , , , | Right | July 24, 2023

It is a busy Friday night. An older couple is checking out, and the husband hands me a third-party coupon for a specific item that the store is actually doing a better deal on.

Me: “Sir, just so you know, we’re actually offering this item as ‘buy one, get one free.’ If you use your coupon, it’ll cancel out that deal and cost you more.”

Customer: “Stop trying to cheat me out of my money and apply the coupon!”

Me: “I’m not, sir; I am trying to save you money. You can hold on to the coupon and use it next time as our in-store offer is only good until the weekend.”

Customer: “Are you deaf? I said to use my coupon! Don’t they train you to obey the customer?”

Me: “Apologies, sir. I will apply the coupon straight away.”

At this, the customer’s wife, who has been busy loading their items onto the belt, speaks up.

Customer’s Wife: *To me* “We’ll take the deal, dear. Don’t worry about trying to explain it to my husband; you’ll just be holding all these other nice people up.”

Customer: “But the coupon—”

Customer’s Wife: *To her husband* “I’ll explain it when we get home, darling.” *To me* “It’s going to be a long weekend.”

Related:
The Couponator 40: Armageddon
The Couponator 39: The Yarn Of Time
The Couponator 38: The Sandwich Of Frustration
The Couponator 37: The Year Of Reckoning
The Couponator 36: The Counter-Coupon Cashier

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!