Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Car Was Armored; His Job Standing Was Not

, , , , , , , , , | Working | October 13, 2023

I go to the bank one day, and the armored car guy has blocked all of the disabled parking spots! It’s winter, it’s icy, and I am on crutches after leg surgery. As I’m driving past, feeling annoyed, I see the driver actually getting out of the vehicle.

Me: “Excuse me. You’re parked diagonally over three disabled parking spots. Do you mind moving so that I—”

Before I can finish speaking, he flips me the one-fingered salute.

It takes me a while to process that he actually just did that, but then I take a picture of him and his truck, and from my phone, I email the armored car company — after I have parked, of course!

I get a call the next morning from an unknown number.

Caller: “Hi, this is [Armored Car Company]. Is this [My Name]?”

Me: “I am.”

Caller: “Hi. We’re calling to let you know that we fired the driver at the end of his shift yesterday. That was the third complaint about him specifically doing that!”

Me: “Oh, wow.”

Caller: “We didn’t want him representing our company or our vehicles like that. Thanks for making us aware!”

The next week, I was at the bank again, and the same car was there — this time parked properly!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!