Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Keep Your Nose Out Of Other People’s Uteruses! Part 2

, , , , , , , , , | Related | July 7, 2023

My grandmother thinks she gets to have a goal of having great-grandchildren. Yes, that is one of her GOALS in life. Both my mom and my aunt have told my grandmother that she doesn’t get to have goals that affect their children’s lives; she can have wishes and hopes, but her goals do not get to directly affect our lives. That doesn’t stop my grandmother from asking me (because as her oldest grandchild/granddaughter, I’m apparently the only one who can complete this goal for her) about when that’s going to happen.

One time, my mom and I are up at my grandmother’s because I’m in town for a few days. My aunt also happens to stop by for a regular visit with my grandmother. We’re all having a conversation, and it turns to my grandmother wanting great-grandchildren.

Grandma: “So, [My Name], have you met anyone yet?”

Me: “Nope.”

I don’t engage her in these conversations because I’m tired of them. While I’m not seeing anyone at the time, at this point, she’s not going to be informed of any relationship until a ring ends up on my finger.

Mom: “[Grandma], leave it alone.”

Grandma: “Well, I want great-grandchildren!”

Me: “Yeah, well, I’m missing one key part of that equation, so it’s not happening any time soon.”

She looks confused for a minute, and my aunt pipes up.

Aunt: “[My Name], there are plenty of ways to get sperm if you really want to.”

Me: “Yeah, but the natural way is more fun!”

My grandma was quiet for a minute while she tried to figure out what we were talking about. Then, she tried to tell me that wouldn’t be acceptable. Both my mom and my aunt shut her down really fast.

And she wonders why I don’t often tell her when I’m in town.

Related:
Keep Your Nose Out Of Other People’s Uteruses!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!