Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Drawing Some Interesting Conclusions

, , , , , , , , | Right | December 19, 2022

I was on a direct flight from Los Angeles to Taiwan during the global health crisis, which is quite a long flight but was quite empty due to air traffic being almost nonexistent in 2020.

My mom flies so often for work that she usually manages to get upgrades to business class, which is what happened this time, as well. Because of how strict Taiwan was at the time (only allowing people with a visa or passport from Taiwan into Taiwan), the business class was also quite empty; there was maybe one other person besides us.

I draw a lot, and I was working on a particularly complicated piece when one of the flight attendants came by and asked if I wanted another bottle of water.

I’m consistently thirsty most of the time on planes, so I said yes and took it, though I felt bad because I assumed they thought I’d already drunk my other bottle of water and were offering another one for that reason.

It wasn’t until we were past customs that my mom noticed the extra bottle and asked me in confusion where I’d got it, having drunk hers and not received an extra. We pondered over it before she laughed and told me what had happened.

I apparently was so busy drawing that I never noticed the flight attendant standing just behind me slightly, watching me draw.

They apparently enjoyed watching enough to give me an extra water. We’re pretty sure this was the reason, as it didn’t seem like any of the other business class passengers got an extra water at any point.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!