Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Impatience Didn’t Work Out So Well For You, Did It?

, , , , , , , , , , | Friendly | CREDIT: NotGayRyan | September 25, 2023

My friend and his wife just moved into their first house about six months ago. Then, a strong windstorm came through and damaged their fence. And by “damaged their fence”, I mean the fence was now leaning slightly — about 70 degrees.

Because home insurance wouldn’t fix the fence and it was winter, my friend and his wife were going to wait until spring to hire someone to fix or replace their fence. Well, their backyard neighbor did not like that. The backyard neighbor wanted the fence fixed ASAP.

When [Neighbor] found out they were going to wait until spring, they called the city and complained that [Friend]’s fence was out of code. When the city inspector came out to inspect their fence, it was, in fact, out of code and needed to be corrected.

The reason [Neighbor] was so fixated on the fence being replaced is that [Neighbor] had a pool in their yard and needed to have a fence around their pool for safety.

[Friend] and his wife, now pissed off at [Neighbor], decided to only remove the fence and not replace it. This allowed them to be within city code, and now, when the spring hit, [Neighbor] would have to build a fence on the backside of their yard if they wanted to fill up their pool for the summer.

If [Neighbor] would have just been nice and not called the city, [Friend] would’ve built the fence up in the spring with no problem.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!