Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Wild Things Were In The Library The Whole Time

, , , , , , , | Working | November 6, 2018

I have recently moved to a new city. I go to the closest library to get a register and get a card. I am shown to a computer stall to fill out the forms electronically, before returning to the desk.

At the desk, two middle-aged, female librarians are waiting for me. One of them stands up and sternly tells me I must now make a very difficult decision, one which will affect my experiences at this library for the rest of my life.

She then holds up two cards: one that is purple with the name of the city and library printed in business script, one with the characters from Maurice Sendak’s Where the Wild Things Are. Her coworker then gravely adds, “Choose wisely.”

I agonize over the decision, but eventually choose Where the Wild Things Are, thereby forever cementing my path. The two librarians nod their heads in sage approval.

The first librarian activates my card and I immediately check out five books.

I can’t wait to go back and see them again!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!