Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wow! Great With Science AND With Financial Decisions!

, , , , , , , , | Right | August 28, 2023

I sell safety supplies online to corporate accounts. This guy called in and made up a company name so he could get to me in sales. He then wanted me to agree that a four-gas monitor (used for personal safety to detect LEL, H2S, CO, and O2 gases) could be used to prove that kids wearing face masks was making them sick and was bad for them.

Guy: “I saw it on YouTube!”

Me: “Sir, folks wear [filtering] masks all day every day, that they are fine. Besides, that is not what these monitors are designed for.”

Guy: “Well, I still want one. I want to disrupt the next teacher/parent meeting at my kids’ school!”

Me: “Sir, I’m not going to help you purchase an expensive piece of equipment for the wrong usage.”

I knew he would try to get a refund after his stunt. He continued to argue, so I gave him the manufacturer’s phone numbers so he could bother them instead.

Sure enough, he ordered the monitor online, used it, and then tried to return it. Now he has a $800 paperweight.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!