Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Your Explanation Runs Out Of Juice, Part 2

, , , , , , , , | Right | April 25, 2024

I work in a bar. A woman, out with her friends, orders.

Customer: “A virgin screwdriver, please. I can’t drink right now as I’m pregnant.”

Me: “Ma’am, respectfully, I can put that in as an Orange Juice and save you about six dollars. We charge two-fifty for an OJ and eight dollars for a screwdriver.”

Customer: “…But I don’t want an orange juice; I want a virgin screwdriver.”

Me: “Do you want it virgin or non-alcoholic? We do happen to have some non-alcoholic spirits we could mix in, such as Seedlip or Pentire. Is that what you would like?”

Customer: “Hmmm… No, I’d better not. My doctor said no spirits. I’d like a screwdriver without spirits or alcohol, please.”

Me: “Ma’am, I promise it will be the exact same thing but cheaper if I just bill it as an OJ.”

Customer: “I don’t want an OJ. I want a screwdriver, but without the alcohol and with no spirits.”

Me: “Very well.”

So, I got her her eight-dollar orange juice. Her “friends” patted her on the back and supported her for “standing her ground” as I got her beverage. At least she tipped.

Related:
When Your Explanation Runs Out Of Juice

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!