Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is One Of My Worst Social Fears

, , , , , , , , | Friendly | February 12, 2023

My parents have gone to the supermarket. After loading the shopping into the car, Dad gets into the driver’s seat while Mum goes to put the trolley back in the trolley bay and retrieve her trolley token.

She heads back to the car — a black [Brand] — heading toward the passenger side. Mum opens the door, puts the trolley token on the dashboard as she always does, puts her seatbelt on, and then turns to look at the man sitting next to her.

It isn’t Dad.

There’s confusion on both their faces! What is going on here?!

Mum looks at the car next door: a black [Brand]. It’s THEIR car, with Dad sitting in it, laughing his head off as he sees Mum in someone else’s car.

Mum: *To [Stranger]* “Um, hi… I don’t think you’re my husband.”

Stranger: “No…”

Mum: “That’s… my car over there. So sorry. Um, have a nice afternoon!”

She got out of the car, closed the door, then opened it again sheepishly and retrieved her trolley token, and headed back to the correct car.

The two cars were the same colour and almost identical — I think they may have been similar models from different years — so an easy mistake for Mum to make!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!