Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Perks Of Puke Appear Presently

, , , , , , , , | Romantic | February 24, 2024

My husband has just gotten home from picking up our seven-month-old daughter from daycare. Once I finish my work for the evening, I check on them.

Me: “How are we doing in here? According to the daycare app, it looks like she hasn’t had a diaper change in a bit?”

Husband: “Looks like it. Mind taking care of that? I’ve gotta start dinner prep.”

Me: “Sure. All right, kiddo, let’s go check the damage.”

She and I have gotten maybe ten steps when she projectile-vomits over herself, me, and the floor. I yell for [Husband]’s help, and over the next thirty minutes, we get her changed and bathed, I get a shower, and [Husband] cleans off the floor.

After we’re all settled, [Husband] and I both agree that neither of us feels like cooking now, and we order dinner from a local place that does Nashville Hot Chicken sandwiches.

When [Husband] comes back from picking up the order, he pulls out a cake slice from the bag.

Husband: “It’s for you. Consider it an ‘I’m sorry you got puked on’ present.”

I know this man loves me, but extra gestures like this make it even more obvious.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!