Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The More You Read The Worse It Gets, Part 13

, , , , , , , | Right | October 24, 2023

I am working at a visitor’s center at a famous national park. We are surrounded by some majestic mountains, and a family of guests is admiring them.

Mother: “Oh, wow, those mountains are huge!”

Father: “Yeah! It’s crazy to think the tops of them are in space.”

At this, I look up, as what he’s said is just so… wrong. His wife and all three of their children are also now staring at him.

Mother: “What do you mean, honey?”

Father: “Where the mountains get white on the top, that means they’re in space.”

Mother: “Uh… no, that’s just snow.”

Father: “No, that’s space. That’s the tops of the mountains passing into space and glowing white.”

Mother: “No, that’s snow, and they’re not in space.”

Father: “I don’t think you know what you’re talking about.”

The youngest child lets out a loud sigh.

Child #1: “Ugh! Daaaad! Mom’s right. That’s snow! No mountain is tall enough to be in space! Even Mount Everest doesn’t reach space!”

Father: “Well, duh! That’s because it’s on the equator.”

Child #1: “Dad! Absolutely nothing you just said is true.”

Father: “Look, when rocks go into space, they glow white! Just look at the moon!”

The mother and all the kids just stare in horror at the patriarch of their family. They start walking down one of the nature trails, and I can hear them just long enough to overhear one of the children start saying:

Child #2: “Okay, Dad… let me tell you about the atmosphere…” 

Related:
The More You Read The Worse It Gets, Part 12
The More You Read The Worse It Gets, Part 11
The More You Read The Worse It Gets, Part 10
The More You Read, The Worse It Gets, Part 9
The More You Read, The Worse It Gets, Part 8

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!