Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Cutest Covert Care

, , , , , , , | Friendly | March 9, 2024

My friend’s sons are seven and nine and believe they are too old to be babysat. They are actually little terrors to their babysitter, which makes it hard to find a new one when the old one suddenly becomes unavailable. As a single parent, [Friend] needs to be able to work to support the family. So, every once in a while, [Friend] will invite me over and “just happen” to have to go somewhere while I’m there. 

Friend: “Oh, [My Name], I just remembered that I have to work today! Do you want to stay here, or…?”

Me: “I mean, if you don’t mind, I’ll stay here.”

Friend: “Sure, that’s great. If anybody gets hungry, there’s food in the fridge. Boys, [My Name] is going to be here while I’m gone. You can show her the new game you just got!”

The boys are thrilled to have someone play this new game with them. We pass the time with little drama until [Friend] returns. 

Friend: “Hey, guys, thanks for keeping [My Name] company while I was gone.”

The kids excitedly talk about what we did while [Friend] was gone.

Friend: “Well, it sounds like you had a blast.”

Older: “See, I told you we don’t need a babysitter.”

Younger: “Yeah, babysitters are for babies.”

Friend: “You may be right, [Younger].”

We keep this charade going for about three years until one of them realizes our evil plan.

Younger: “So, [My Name] was our babysitter the whole time?”

Friend: “Well, no. Sometimes she hung out with all of us, remember?”

Younger: “But she was our babysitter.”

Friend: “Yes, sometimes.”

Older: “Oh, man!”

Now they are suspicious every time I come over!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!