Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Best Way To Beat A Bad Date Is With A Clever Escape

, , , , , , , | Right | CREDIT: Rave-light | July 11, 2023

I was behind the bar loading the dishwasher in front of a couple on seemingly a first date. She was picking at pasta while he was sipping a beer. From the beginning, the vibe was off; she looked deeply unhappy and he kept speaking for her.

She asked if he had seen “Fleabag”, and he responded that it was a “show for women” and he didn’t really get it. She kept quiet and continued to pick at her pasta. He left to go to the restroom, and I turned to her.

Me: “Well, I really like Fleabag.”

She laughed quietly.

Woman: “Is he gone?”

I nodded.

Woman: *Whispering* “Please help me…”

It turned out she was on a terrible bad date and didn’t know how to leave. I asked her for her phone number, had my coworker take over, and headed to the back to call the woman. In between two tables, I called and pretended to be a hysterical friend.

Me: “Can you come mad quick? My boyfriend just broke up with me, my house is on fire, and I’m locked out!”

Immediately, she got the check and dipped out.

Five minutes later, she called me back to check to see if her date was still there. I confirmed he had left.

Woman: “Thank you so, so much! I’m on my way back!”

She ran back in and gave me a huge hug, shouting about how she just wanted to eat her pasta in peace!

She sat back in her seat, and we got her a glass of wine and s*** on this terrible dude with her.

It was such a sweet moment. It was so nice to see her actually enjoying herself for the first time all night!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!