Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Parents Should Be Consoling

, , , , , | Right | November 22, 2022

A customer service representative calls me to the front of the store because a couple is screaming at her.

Representative: “They’re saying that I sold them the wrong game for their console.”

I go up to the front, and they shift their screaming back and forth between the two of us, but it’s mainly directed at me.

Woman: “You’re just a greedy salesperson who purposely sold us a game that’s incompatible with the Nintendo DS!”

In between the yelling, I manage to glean from them that their issue was that the game cartridge won’t actually fit into the console. I pick up the game cartridge and slide it into the machine with no problems.

They both shut up and stare at it for a second.

Woman: *Yelling again* “You tricked us and made us look bad!”

The husband shushes her and apologizes.

Man: “We went home and handed the whole lot to our four-year-old to figure out. It looks like he kept trying to put the cartridge in backward.”

Apparently, it never occurred to them to look into the matter themselves, as their toddler had things well in hand, and the obvious conclusion was that we had sold them the wrong thing. On purpose.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!