Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Just Dash Right Out The Door, Mister

, , , , , , | Right | CREDIT: hotbiscuitboy | November 22, 2022

I work at a restaurant during winter and summer breaks between semesters. A [Delivery App] driver comes in.

Me: “It’s going to be about ten more minutes before your order is ready.”

Driver: “That’s fine.”

He sits down at the bar on his phone for a few minutes.

At this point, we’re pretty swamped, and I’m the only server for tables, phones, to-go orders, etc. This means every mistake that isn’t from the kitchen is mine.

In my hectic state, I make a mistake and give [Driver]’s order to another driver who has been waiting. I realize about a minute after she walks out the door with it, and of course, I have to do the walk of shame to the bar to talk to this guy.

Me: “I’m so sorry, but I messed up and gave your order to another [Delivery App] driver. You’ll have to wait another fifteen minutes or so. We’re going to bump your order to the top of the queue.”

This guy wastes NO time in standing up and pointing his finger right at me.

Driver: “I’ve been waiting for ten whole minutes! You should’ve told me!”

Me: “Sir, I told you as soon as I realized the mistake.”

I don’t know what else he expected me to do.

He starts to raise his voice. Other customers are looking over, and I’m sure I look pretty stressed because I’m sweaty from running around the restaurant and I get anxious when people are mad at me.

Due to the small size of the restaurant, my manager, who has worked with the owner of this restaurant for years, comes out of the kitchen with a no-bulls*** look on her face. Let me just say that I both fear and admire this woman for her tenacity.

Manager: “What’s the problem here, sir?”

She looks like she already knows some bulls*** is about to come out of his mouth.

The man angrily gestures with his hands while telling her that “this girl” (me) messed up his order and he’s been waiting forever, blah, blah, blah, and then he swears at her.

Big mistake. This 5’1” woman is probably tougher than anyone he’s ever met. She swears right back at him.

Manager: “She already f****** apologized to you! What more do you want?”

He tries talking over her and raises his voice again, at which point she motions to the door.

Manager: “All right sir, have a good day.”

This pisses him off, but she just keeps repeating it as he yells at her.

Manager: “You can leave now, sir. We don’t want you in here. Just leave, have a good day.”

She kept telling him to have a good day, and he finally stormed out. I never saw him again, but it felt so good to have the manager stand up for me like that. Perks of working at a local business: no one can report you to corporate, so the manager and owner can tell anyone to f*** off if they’re an a**hole.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!