Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #310551

, | Unfiltered | November 30, 2023

(It’s Halloween. We have limited sweets/treats to give to trick n treaters and mum has found tub of sweets from a few years ago)

Mum: “What’s the date on these?”

Me: (taking it from her) “July 2021”

Mum: “Okay, we’ll use these”

Me: “Are you okay to give out of date sweets to kiddies?”

Mum: “Yes”

Unfiltered Story #310550

, | Unfiltered | November 30, 2023

So I suffer from mental health and have been formally diagnooised with about 3 different conditions. My work are aware of this as I have been open and honest. I have good days and bad days but recently I have been threw a pretty rough time. I have admittedly self harmed but in methods like hitting myself or biting. Work found out…

Boss: (my name) what’s this i hear about you hurting yourself?

Me: I was struggling and things became so difficult. I started to self-harm as a coping mechanism a way to ground myself. I’ve done it for years and I’m trying to get help

Boss: well its probably just a habit. Instead try pinching yourself or put a elastic band round your wrist and flick it on your wrist. Be aware of your surrounds but what you do in your car is your business oh and remember infection control don’t want you biting till you bleed. What if the blood got onto someone? But yea do what you want in your car just make sure your in safe surroundings.

I mean I get the infection control but really?? I admitted to hurting myself so you encourage it in ways that you don’t have to care? Yep I need a new job

Unfiltered Story #310549

, | Unfiltered | November 30, 2023

I work in a major big box store, and we get our fair share of employees of varying competence levels. Recently, we hired a bunch of teenagers to work in several areas of the salesfloor, and one of them very quickly turned out to be…less than useful.

The first incident, and one he should have been fired for, was disappearing without telling anyone a half hour before his half-day shift was due to end. He hid in his truck and, when it came time for him to leave, he pulled up to the front door to clock out only to find my direct supervisor waiting for him.

My supervisor asked him what he thought he was doing, and his response was “my father has a medical emergency and I need to go now”.

Needless to say, he somehow managed to get away with only a write-up. He followed up this stunning display of genius with coming into my department on multiple occasions so he could talk to his friend who worked in my area for lengthy periods of time instead of working like he was supposed to be.

The second time I observed him blatantly doing this in front of me, I found my manager, who immediately came over and fired him.

Turns out that the kid was from an affluent family and had apparently not become acquainted with the concept of actions having consequences, since he decided to come in and tell me to go fuck myself for ‘getting him fired’.

I can only imagine what kind of reality check he’s going to get when he finds himself standing on the yellow footprints at Parris Island, but I hope it’s enough to knock some sense into him.

Unfiltered Story #310548

, | Unfiltered | November 30, 2023

As part of my job, I prep stadium food for the concessions stands. My least favorite part of this job is wrapping hot dogs, since after a while the smell gets to me. One of my coworkers has noticed my discomfort—the smell is making me nauseous and I’m relieved to go on my lunch break. He gets his break a few minutes later than me.

Coworker: *not unkindly* “What part about the hot dogs bothers you so much?”

Me: “The smell. After a while, it just makes me nauseous.”

Coworker: “Is it because you’re vegan?”

I glance at my lunch—a bag of chips, a prepackaged Swiss and turkey sandwich with the name of the contents plastered across the wrapper, and a boxed chocolate milk covered in a brown and white cowhide pattern.

Me: “No.”

He then asked if I was vegetarian. I ended up having to explain to him the mess that is my body’s aversions to certain types of meat, which can be incredibly specific depending on texture, temperature, and level of processing. At least he wasn’t rude.

And If He Stepped On A Nail He Would Have NOT Sued You?

, | Right | November 30, 2023

There is one idiot customer that keeps walking around the store barefoot.

Me: “Sir, you can’t walk around the store barefoot. We sell lumber, nails, porcelain and glass items.”

Customer: “You’re infringing on my rights to not wear shoes!”

Me: “Sorry, sir, it’s policy.” 

He got banned from the store after he said he was going to sue us.