Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Oof. We’re Embarrassed FOR Him.

, , , , , , , | Working | August 18, 2023

A friend of mine lost her left leg to cancer when she was little. It was one of the most heartbreaking, devastating things for a child to go through. I can’t even put into words how strong and resilient she is, living her life with the terrifying thought that the cancer could come back one day. (She’s currently seventeen years in remission, though!)

We went to a concert in our late twenties and headed to the disability seating, which happened to be right up close to the stage. Since she’s lived with this all her life, my friend only gets a really pronounced limp when she has overextended herself. Today was a really good day, so she was walking just fine. 

A security guy stepped in front of us and smirked.

Security: “Okay, girls, which one of you is supposed to be handicapped?”

Friend: “I am.”

Security: *Smirk widening* “Okay, prove it!”

Me: “Seriously? You know you don’t have the legal right to ask that, right?”

Security: “And yet, here we are.”

My friend bent over slightly and knocked on her prosthetic leg. The hollow sound was very audible since the worst of the crowds hadn’t arrived yet.

The security guard turned very red and backed away from us. Shortly after I had a little talk with some other staff at the venue, he was replaced by someone else. We enjoyed ourselves immensely after that.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!