Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not The Master Of Their Own Domain

, , , , , , | Right | December 15, 2022

I worked for a company that sold domain names. Despite having multiple different wordings on our site explaining this, I would get one of these kinds of calls every day.

Caller: “Yeah, I bought a domain name from you guys.”

Me: “Thank you, sir. What issues were you having with it?”

Caller: “Well, I type my address and there’s no website.”

Me: “Have you linked your site to the domain name yet?”

Caller: “What is that supposed to mean? Where the h*** is my website?”

Me: “We don’t make the website for you, sir. We just sell you the website name.”

Caller: “That’s bulls***! I paid for my website. Where is it?”

Me: “You need to either make the website yourself or pay a web designer to make it for you, sir.”

Caller: “So, I just paid all that money, and I don’t get a website?”

Me: “Sir, you paid us $4.99. You can’t expect someone to make a website for that little money.”

Caller: “I wouldn’t have bothered with this website bulls*** if I’d known I had to do it myself! You’re all crooks!” *Click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!