Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Managers Like To Rip You A Cart

, , , , , | Working | November 14, 2017

(I work at a theme park in a portable cart. At my cart, there is no phone but company policy says we aren’t allowed to have cell phones on our person. The main store at the theme park is also in charge of my cart, so if there is a problem, I send people to the store. Unfortunately, the manager on duty doesn’t like me, for reasons unknown. Of course, she is in charge when my till freezes in the middle of a transaction.)

Me: *to the customer* “I am so sorry; my cash register isn’t working. Unfortunately, company policy says I can’t keep a cell on me, so if you don’t mind going into that store—” *points to store in front of me* “—and asking for [Manager], she can help.”

(The customer walks into the store. I wait a few minutes and my manager, who doesn’t look happy, comes out. She fixes my till and leaves, blaming me for the broken till, as I finish counting out the customers.)

Customer #1: “I am sorry you have to work with her.”

(I don’t get along with my manager, but it would look bad to bad-mouth her in front of people, so I just smile and nod.)

Customer #2: “When we came up and told her that your till was broken, she asked us why we were telling her. Obviously, you can’t leave this cart alone; someone might steal something.”

Me: “Yup.” *trying to keep my smile from showing*

Customer #1: “Keep up the good work.” *winks at me and walks away with purchases*

(Thank you, [Customer #1 and #2], I felt good all day.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!