Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

“Idiot” Is Too Many Syllables; Try “Moron”

, , , , , , | Working | February 5, 2021

I have used the word “niggardly” in a WRITTEN REPORT in reference to my manager. The word means the same as “miserly” or “tightfisted.” My manager is white and I can pass for white, though I’m partly Indigenous. My manager calls a meeting with us and his boss, the office manager.

Manager: “[My Name] is being racist! He says I’m like a n****r!”

Me: “[Manager], please read the report again. I never put anything like that. Being a member of a minority myself, I know about racism and how horrible it is.”

Manager: “Yes, you did! Right here!”

He points to the word “niggardly.”

Office Manager: “I could see you being confused if [My Name] had said the word out loud, [Manager], but it’s in a written report! Your complaint is denied. Look up the meaning of any words you don’t know in the future.”

The office manager turns to me.

Office Manager: “[My Name], in the future, only use words the average person would know. In this case, use the word ‘cheap,’ instead.” 

From then on, I only used words of no more than two syllables in written reports.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!