Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How To Get Clients All Bentley’d Out Of Shape

, , , , , , , | Right | May 1, 2023

I am a graphic designer handling complete design-to-print service. A Bentley automobile garage director calls me up.

Garage Director: “Can you design a tailored good-quality brochure promoting the latest Bentley launch?”

We discuss what he wants and how he needs it customised to suit his garage.

Garage Director: “I’m also open to any suggestions you might have about any other marketing ideas. We don’t have much of a budget.”

After he tells me the budget, I state that I can’t work for that low an amount.

Garage Director: “Well, maybe you can add a small imprint and logo of yours to the back page? Everyone who sees your creative design and print work will be in touch with you, meaning more business for you!”

As many graphic designers must have heard this old line many times, I reply with what I think is a better idea.

Me: “Okay, then, and you can loan me a new Bentley to drive around in with your imprint and logo in the rear window, and everyone who sees that will want to buy a new Bentley from you!”

Garage Director: *Click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!