Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting A Lesson From The Locals

, , , , , , | Right | April 22, 2023

Me: “Sir, I will need to check your ID before I can sell you this beer.”

Customer: “H*** no! I’m not letting any of you immigrants see my ID! You might steal it!”

Me: “Sir, I can’t steal your ID just by checking the date of birth.”

Customer: “No! Get your manager to check it, but I won’t have no immigrant touching my ID! Go back to your own country instead of stealing from mine!”

Me: “I’m Native American.”

Customer: “B****, no way! I’m the native here! My family has been here for generations!”

The other customer behind him is getting tired of waiting and speaks up.

Other Customer: “No, she means she’s ethnically Native American, you dense motherf*****!”

The customer scowls at the other customer but then looks back at me, and they begin to struggle to find more words.

Me: “You got nothin’ when you can’t tell me to go back to my own country, do ya?”

The customer continues to struggle to find words.

Me: “Yeah, your bigotry needs both a history and geography lesson, don’t it?”

The customer silently shows his ID and gruffly hands over the cash.

Me: “Here’s your beer, Mr. Krüger. Nice German name you got there!”

The customer scowled but stormed out. The next customer laughed at my final comment.


This story is part of our Editors’-Favorite-Stories-Of-2023-(so far!) roundup!

Read the next story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!