Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

From Red, White, And Blue To Black And Blue

, , , , , , , , | Right | CREDIT: Iworkwith-Weed | July 12, 2023

This happened years ago at the annual bipartisan Christmas party at the White House. I was working for a well-known catering company based out of Maryland. They were contracted to provide servers. There were about seven of us added to the already 100-plus staff working there. The party took place in the Red, Green, and Blue Rooms. There was an area down a set of stairs where people could get their pictures taken with the president and the first lady.

It was the last party before Barack Obama became president, so there was a bit of a sour note in the air. But maybe I’m reading into the fact that this happened in the White House and the outgoing president was a Republican and the new one was a Democrat.

My job was to go around clearing plates left on tables. It was an absolute crush of people. It was buffet style, and I don’t know if there wasn’t enough food to go around or if you could only get food during certain times. I was going around the rooms clearing what I could. I grabbed what I thought was an unattended plate. Then, a man slapped it out of my hand.

Man: “That’s mine!”

I cradled my slapped hand to my chest with a very shocked look on my face.

Me: “Sorry, sir. I’m just trying to do my job.”

Man: “Are you a Democrat or Republican?”

Me: “Does it really matter now?”

Man’s Wife: “I’m so sorry! Honey, apologize to her!”

Man: *Mumbles* “Sorry… I wasn’t done with it…”

His wife looked absolutely mortified, as did the two other people in their group. I turned and walked away and avoided that side of the room for a good twenty minutes. When I went back around, they were gone.

So, yes, my hand was slapped for trying to do my job. At The White House!

It wasn’t funny at the time, but it’s hilarious now!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!