Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dad Jokes Work Best On Customers

, , , , , , , , | Right | April 24, 2023

At one point during college, I worked as a Saturday delivery driver for a mini-chain of local auto parts delivery stores. I got the job because my father worked there for many years, and we’d known the owner for quite some time. After a few weeks of working there, plus my usual part-time job and classes, my give-a-f***-o-meter had broken.

One delivery stands out as notable.

Me: “Here are your items. Please check and sign the invoice.”

Customer: “Thanks. These took a long time to get here.”

Me: “Really? When did you order them?”

Customer: “Like three to five days ago. [Dad] took my order.”

Me: *Trying not to grin* “Oh, that guy? Yeah, I’ve dealt with him.”

Customer: “Yeah, he can be a pain.”

Me: “Let’s do something about it.”

I took out my cell phone and called my dad.

Me: “Hey, [Dad], I’m delivering to [Customer], and he says you’re slow at getting the order filled and that he made it several days ago.”

Dad: “Oh, he’s pulling that again? He put it in late last night, I saw it this morning, and he got added to the deliveries list.”

Me: *Loudly* “Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification.” *To the customer* “My dad says you put that one in last night.”

Customer: “Oh… I… Yeah, I guess I did.”

He never pulled that again.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!