Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

At Least They Didn’t Think It Was Austria

, , , , , , , | Right | August 24, 2022

I manage a twenty-four-hour bar in Sin City. We have a lot of screens around the bar playing all kinds of different sports. Today, however, the main screen is playing the Eurovision Song Contest, since I am a huge fan, and hey, it’s my bar. Also, it’s the only place in the city, as far as I am aware, that’s showing the competition. I advertised this on social media and a small group has gathered to enjoy the competition.

Some vacationing “bros” come in, and before they’ve even ordered a drink:

Customer: “Get this gay s*** off the big screen! We’re here to watch the baseball!”

Me: *Pointing* “All the screens in that area are playing today’s baseball games.”

Customer: “We want it on the big screen!”

Me: “The big screen is reserved for Eurovision for now. You can switch it to baseball after.”

Customer: “F*** this Euro crap! It’s a bunch of fairies in tights singing some Russian s***.”

They glance at the screen and notice that the country being represented right there and then is Australia; they were invited as guests this year.

Customer: “That’s not even Europe! That’s f****** Australia! This thing is a joke!”

Me: “And how many countries are represented in your World Series?”

Customer: “…”

Me: “Exactly. Your game is playing. Staying or going?”

They stayed and watched their game, grumbling the whole time. I can’t remember who they were rooting for, but they lost.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!