Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Wow. Not A Single Drop Of Compassion. Part 3

, , , , , , , | Working | August 19, 2023

CONTENT WARNING: Miscarriage

 

I have to go to the hospital during work hours due to cramps in my stomach. When I get there, I find that I have suffered a miscarriage. It was so early in the pregnancy that I didn’t know that I was pregnant, but suffice it to say that both my husband and I are distraught.

This happens when I call my boss to tell her that I won’t be coming in tomorrow.

Boss: “So?”

Me: *Furious* “I just lost a baby! I can barely function, let alone come to work!”

Boss: “No, you’re coming to work or you’re written up. We’re busy.”

Me: *Almost in tears* “I LOST A CHILD!”

Boss: “You will either come into work or I will fire you. No arguments.”

I have to tell my husband, who wants to punch my boss, despite the fact that he is not the type to ever hit anyone, not even an aggressive thug, let alone a woman.

When I get to work, my boss smirks horribly at me. Since we work at a beachfront seafood and cocktail place, we are always busy, and whenever I try to ask her why she was so cold to me on the phone, she walks away.

After two weeks, my boss schedules me for a hectic night when I wouldn’t normally be around. When I get to work, I see that she has placed me as the waitress for a children’s party. I immediately go to my boss’s office and ask her why she did this.

Boss: “I thought you’d be over it by now.”

Me: “I lost my baby!”

Boss: “No, you didn’t. You lost a fetus. It’s not like it was a living, breathing baby. I’ve met and heard stories of people who actually have lost children, in accidents and worse. They spent time caring and loving their children as they grew, tending to their needs, and helping them when they cried. You didn’t. Get out there and serve that table, or I will fire you.”

After work, I gave my notice.

Related:
Wow. Not A Single Drop Of Compassion. Part 2
Wow. Not A Single Drop Of Compassion.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!