Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Worst. Uniform. Ever.

, , , , , , | Working | March 26, 2023

I am the author of this story.

My office periodically gives employees free T-shirts, typically with the name of the office and the name of the non-profit that my company paid for the T-shirts that year on them.

This year, the company has decided to do something new: they’re going to have a day where everyone who has one wears one of the yearly T-shirts given to them by the office.

As you’ve probably figured out at this point, I’ve developed something of a reputation at work for subverting dress codes.

For weeks before the actual event, I have people coming up to me offering advice on ways to subvert the dress code.

They suggested things like, “Wear the T-shirt as a doo-rag,” “Wear it as a belt,” “Chop the arms off to make it into a wifebeater,” “Wear it over your regular shirt,” and so on.

For each coworker that approaches me, I advise them to try it out themselves, too.

The day of the event arrives. Half of the office is subverting the code in some way, shape, or form.

I just wear the T-shirt normally. Everyone who knows my reputation and sees me wearing the T-shirt normally does a doubletake. Several of them start laughing.

Frankly, I just find T-shirts comfy. But I’m glad I cheered up some of my coworkers and accidentally caused a large portion of the office to act in something resembling solidarity to reject unusual dress codes.

Related:
Worst. Dress Code. Ever.
Worst. Prize. EVER.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!