Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Worst. Dress Code. Ever.

, , , , , , , , , | Working | February 24, 2023

I am the author of this story.

The manager has decided that, on certain days of the month, we will be permitted to wear clothing featuring our favorite sports team.

I do not have a favorite sports team, and my only sports paraphernalia is a very soft blanket that I like a great deal, but I’ve never watched the team in question. So, on the first such day since the new policy, I do not wear any sports-related clothing.

My manager bothers me all day long, asking where my sports team clothing is. A couple of other coworkers bother me, too, but they each only ask once and accept it when I say I do not have any.

Annoyed, I do some research, and I find that the paraphernalia [Manager] is wearing is related to the team called “The Giants” and that they have a rival team called “The Eagles”.

I go to a thrift store and pick up as much Eagles stuff as I can. The next time a sports-paraphernalia day rolls around, I arrive at work in Eagles everything. I have an Eagles hat. I have an Eagles jacket. I have a shirt, a jersey, a pair of pants, a set of socks, and a set of sneakers. I’m even holding an Eagles coffee mug.

My manager watches me walking through the office door with all of this on, pinches the bridge of his nose, and asks me to go home to change.

I do so. My manager has never again bothered me about wearing sports stuff on the sports days.

I donated the clothing back to a thrift store afterward, but I kept the sneakers. They were comfy.

Related:
Worst. Prize. EVER.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!