Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Why Are You Being So Catty?

, , , , , , | Friendly | March 3, 2024

A cat showed up on my front porch one day and invited itself in, going right for the sunny spot on the top of my couch. I set it up in my bathroom with what I had on hand and reached out to my township through Facebook. 

Me: “Hi, neighbors. Does anyone recognize this cat? I think it’s a fixed male, but I didn’t get a long look. He invited himself into my house today and is currently in my bathroom. I will take him for a microchip scan when the vet opens on Monday and go from there if no one can provide proof of ownership.”

The comments are the same replies people seem to put on every post. “Prayers it finds its way home!” “So sad!” “I hope the family sees this!” But there’s nothing that gives me any real answers. Then, this neighbor chimes in, sending me a private message. 

Neighbor: “Why are you trying to rehome that cat?”

Me: “Oh, sorry, I’m not trying to rehome him. He actually showed up today. Someone may be missing him, and I would hate to be the person standing in the way of reuniting a pet with their family.”

Neighbor: “Okay, no need to get an attitude about it. I’m just asking a question.”

Me: “I wasn’t.”

Neighbor: “Yeah, you were. All I did was ask why you’re trying to rehome your cat, and you act like this.”

Me: “It’s not my cat. It showed up today, and I am trying to find out where it came from.”

Neighbor: “You can stop being rude to me.”

Me: “I wasn’t, but I can stop talking to you.”

I put my phone down and walked away. He kept going in this vein for several more messages before blocking me. I could have blocked him, but I decided to just let him talk to himself and burn out whatever was bothering him. I never did find the cat’s family, so he now lives with me.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!