Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

To This Hostess, We Say Boo(th)

, , , , | Working | December 21, 2021

My uncle is in town and wants to take my parents, my husband, and me out for dinner. I am the first one to arrive at the restaurant along with my three-month-old, who is in an infant car seat. The restaurant is currently pretty empty. 

Me: “Hi there. I am waiting for my family to join me, who should be here soon, but is it possible to be seated while we wait for them so I can feed my daughter?”

Hostess: “That’s fine. How many people total?”

Me: “Five adults and one infant. Can we also please have a booth so I can set her next to me?”

She doesn’t say anything but grabs five menus and tells me to follow her. She takes me to a small table for four.

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. Is it actually possible to get a booth?”

Hostess: “Why?”

Me: “I have four other adults joining us, and I would like a spot to set my daughter next to me.”

Hostess: “Can’t you just get another chair and set her on the ground?”

Me: “I’d really prefer not to.”

She stares at me for a while before saying that she’ll be back. She comes back with the manager.

Manager: “What seems to be the problem here?”

Hostess: “She’s unhappy with where I set her.”

Me: “I was just wondering if it’s possible to get a booth. There’s going to be a total of five adults, and I would like to set my daughter next to me rather than on the floor.”

Hostess: “I told her she could just get another chair.”

Manager: *Looks confused* “Yes, of course, you can have a booth. I apologize for the misunderstanding.”

Hostess: “But I told her she could just get another chair!”

The manager rubs the bridge of his nose and looks annoyed.

Manager: “Just go back to the front, [Hostess].”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!