Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Is Advanced Stupid

, , , , , | Working | October 17, 2020

I arrive at work at the same time that the assistant manager does. She’s on the opening shift after our new store manager had a closing shift the day before.  

Assistant Manager: “What the f***? [My Name], come and look at this.”

All of yesterday’s takings are sitting on a chair in front of the safe. She rings the store manager to ask why she didn’t put the money in the safe. After she hangs up:  

Store Manager: “Oh, my God! I can’t believe that f****** woman. She’s an idiot.”

Me: “What did she say?”

Assistant Manager: “That she’s not used to having to put things into the safe. What the f***? Her last job was in a jewellery store”

Me: “Maybe that’s why she had to leave.”  

Assistant Manager: *Laughs* “You’re probably right. It’s not the first time she’s done something this stupid. I’m not letting her get away with it.”

She made a complaint to our regional manager and later heard that the store manager was telling others that she had a vendetta against her as she had been denied the job when she applied. They finally transferred the store manager elsewhere, and not long after, we found that she had been fired for covering up a loss of money.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!